Take your love for pizza to the next level and indulge in this recipe that’s inspired by the pizza trending in Italy that’s packed with mushrooms with a touch of white truffles!
Mushroom Pizza with Truffles
By Rina Oh
Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Basic Pizza Dough:
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mushroom Pizza:
- 6 cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- Combine lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in processor.; add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil, process until the dough forms a sticky ball; knead dough with your hands for about 5 minutes. Form into a ball and transfer to a bowl covered with olive oil; cover bowl with a wet towel and allow dough to rise in a warm area for about 2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable oil and heat for another minute. Saute the Oyster mushrooms in the pan on high heat, moving the mushrooms frequently until they are browned, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split pizza dough in half.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Split pizza dough in half.
- Using 2 small 9” pizza pans, spread about a tablespoon of olive oil to coat each pan. Form a ball with one half of the dough and spread out using your fingers. Push dough with your fingers until it reaches ends of the pan. If you are using a sheet tray, do not divide the dough in half. Spread the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Add mozzarella cheese. Spread it evenly. Scoop some ricotta cheese with a spoon and place on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Place Oyster mushrooms over mozzarella cheese.
- Place Cremini mushrooms over Oyster mushrooms. Top with extra mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with White Truffle oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza in oven at for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is a golden brown color.
- Remove from oven and slice the pizza into eight pieces using a pizza slicer or a sharp knife.