Are you planning a Weekend Social? Or a nice picnic style outdoor brunch,, a polo game? I sampled this cocktail for the first time a few years ago at a polo launch party at Alton Lane. My friend, who’s a fabulous producer Matt Paco invited me to his friends store where they were celebrating another year of polo. I don’t play or ride horses, but I sure do admire drawing them. And I have a soft spot for preppy boys.
I had crushes on so many during my teenage years- until I went to art school and I started liking artsy types. There’s a classic allure to a man wearing a felt 150% wool blazer, pink chinos, and pocket square. If he knows about the arts and fashion, and food…I’m all ears.
Muddled Strawberry Pimms Cup Recipe
Yields 4 Cocktails
- 1 1/2 cups Pimm’s No. 1
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1 lemon, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 3/4 cup muddled fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups cold ginger ale or lemon lime soda
- 1 strawberry, stem removed
- About 3 cups ice
- In a large pitcher, combine the Pimm’s, the strawberry and lemon juice, and mint. Chill for about 10 minutes. Stir in the ginger ale.
- Prepare four 1-pint glasses. Fill halfway with ice. Pour in the Pimm’s mixture.